#3639525mm x 50mPrices are loading...
#4001612mm x 50mPrices are loading...
Double Sided Bonding Tape
For a versatile and robust adhesive solution, double-sided bonding tape is the trusted choice among professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. Whether you're working with various materials, needing a weatherproof hold, or tackling intricate designs, Signet’s selection of Double-Sided Bonding Tape offers performance and reliability, perfectly matching your requirements. Signet also stocks a wide range of packaging tapes and adhesives including industrial and specialty tapes, so look no further!
How do you use double-sided bonding tape?
- Begin by cleaning the surfaces you wish to bond. Ensure they're free from dust, solvents, or any oily residue.
- Measure and cut the tape to your desired length.
- Peel off one side of the protective backing and apply the tape, pressing firmly for a secure bond.
- Once in place, remove the other side of the protective backing and press your second material onto the tape.
- Allow some time for the adhesive to set fully, especially for heavy-duty applications.
Is permanent double-sided tape actually permanent?
While permanent double-sided tape is designed to offer a long-lasting bond, the permanence can vary based on the materials being adhered, environmental conditions, and the specific tape used. For most applications, it's incredibly resilient and resistant to factors like temperature or pressure. However, with enough force or specific solvents, it can be removed.
What is the difference between mounting tape and double-sided tape?
Mounting tape is a type of double-sided tape designed specifically for mounting objects, often heavier, onto surfaces. It usually has a foam core, allowing for flexibility and extra strength. On the other hand, general double-sided tape can be used for various applications, from bonding paper products to plastics, and may come in a variety of backing materials including paper, plastic, or fabric.
What will double-sided tape not stick to?
Always refer to the tape’s product details for specific substrate recommendations. Double-sided tape might have difficulty sticking to:
- Extremely rough or porous surfaces.
- Wet or oily surfaces.
- Certain plastics that have low surface energy, like polyethylene or polypropylene.
- Surfaces exposed to high temperatures or solvents.
What are some common applications for double-sided bonding tape?
Double-sided bonding tape is incredibly versatile. Common applications include:
- Securing rugs or carpets to floors.
- Bonding trim or graphics in automotive designs.
- Hanging posters, pictures, or decorations without nails.
- Mounting signs or notices.
- Joining sheeting materials in production.
- Temporary holds during assembly or machining processes.
How to choose the right double-sided bonding tape for your needs?
Choosing the right tape involves understanding the materials you're bonding, the environmental conditions, and the duration of the bond. Consider factors like:
- Strength: Do you need a tape for a temporary bond or a permanent hold?
- Material Compatibility: Are you bonding similar or dissimilar materials?
- Environmental Resistance: Will the tape be exposed to moisture, UV light, or temperature variations?
Signet’s vast range of double-sided bonding tape and other tapes ensures you'll find the perfect tape for every application, from windows to walls, metals to plastics. Signet has a wide range of tapes that aim to cater to every industrial need, such as electrical tape, filament tape, masking tape, hand packaging tapes and more industrial tapes. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us!