In any busy mail, despatch or production areas items are constantly required to be weighed prior to transportation. Having a reliable and suitable set of scales for the task can save staff large amounts of time and ensure that the job is done right. Have a look through some frequently asked questions below to find out which scale is most suitable for you.
1. I mainly despatch goods on pallets, do you have a suitable scale for larger items?
- Yes. Signet has a pallet scale which is ideal for weighing pallets and larger sized products, with a weight threshold of up to 3000 kilograms (kg). The pallet scale is a painted steel scale and has self levelling stainless steel feet to keep it stable when weighing large, heavy loads.
2. Which type of scale do you suggest for busy areas with light weight packages?
- The most suitable type of scale depends on the weight capacity required. In busy despatch areas it is ideal to have scales situated on the bench top for smaller, light weight items. Signet has a Compact Digital Scale which has a weight limit of up to 5kg and a Digital Bench Scale which has a weight threshold of up to 30kg.
3. What is the best option for weighing cardboard boxes?
- Depending on the weight and size of the cardboard boxes, there are a number of solutions available, The Digital Bench Scale is ideal for light cartons as it is able to take up to 30kg of weight. For larger sized or heavier cardboard boxes the Digital Platform Scale has a weight limit of 60kg and can be used on the bench or floor. Pallet Scale 1200mm x 1200mm - 3000kg Capacity - Sc Scale