The PPE and Protective Wear section is where you’ll find items to protect, reflect, shield or cover you in any office, warehouse or jobsite. From industrial gloves and respirators to ear protection and hard hats, the extensive product range will have a solution that fits your needs. Some of the brands you’ll see in this section include 3M, Ansell, Blundstone, Bolle, Howard Leight, Kimberly Clark, Scott Safety, uvex and of course Signet’s Own.
Frequently Asked Questions about PPE & Protective Wear
1. What options do you have for eye protection?
- Signet stocks 2 trusted brands of safety glasses: Bolle and Unisafe. The Bolle range includes glasses that are lightweight, anti-fog and anti-scratch, those that have a rubber nose pads and temple tip inserts and have UV protection. These glasses meet Australian safety standards and are in a selection of colours including: polarised black, blue flash, smoke, clear, brown lens and silver flash lenses.
- The UniSafe collection includes glasses that offer UV protection, have polycarbonate frames, glasses in a wrap-around style and some with anti-scratch and fog lenses. These glasses also meet Australian safety standards in a range of colours including: smoke, polarised, clear, blue mirror and brown lenses. There are also safety goggles and a browguard with visor available.
2. Do you have any ear protection products?
- Yes – there are a range of different ear protection products available to suit any application. This includes disposable ear plugs and earmuffs. The ear plugs range includes: metal detectable ear plugs, reusable ear plugs, banded hearing protection, uncorded disposable ear plugs, corded disposable ear plugs as well as an ear plug dispenser with refills available. If you’re looking for ear muffs, your options include: economical earmuff, general purpose earmuff, AM/FM radio earmuff, helmet earmuffs and zone 2 NG earmuffs.
3. What respirator options do you have available?
- Signet stocks respirators from Scott Safety, UniSafe and 3M to ensure your inhalation protection needs are met. The products available include: full face respirator, half face respirator, twin filter respirator, welding respirator mask, valved flat fold respirator, and disposable respirators with or without valves.
4. What options for you have for protective clothes – is there anything disposable?
- There are many high visibility options available for protective clothes to suit different workplace needs. This includes high visibility shirts in both short and long sleeve lengths, plain safety vests, reflective safety vests, printed safety vests, freezer jackets and pants and PVC raincoats and trousers. There is also a selection of safety footwear available for different environments.
- Yes there are disposable options available. If you aren’t able to get changed onsite or if you require short term protection of your normal clothing there are disposable overalls and aprons available. Additionally there are disposable elasticised caps, disposable shoe covers, disposable beard covers and armguard sleeve protectors.
5. Do you stock sunscreen and insect repellent?
- Yes. To keep you comfortable outdoors Signet offers Aerogard insect repellent and sunscreen from both the Cancer Council and Protecta. All of these products are available in varied sizes and strengths.