Frequently Asked Questions on Spray Adhesives
1. Is there a cleaning spray or solvent that I can use to remove adhesives?
- Yes. The 3M 700 Adhesive Cleaner and Solvent is a general use solvent which is designed to remove adhesive residue quickly and without the need for hash scrubbing. It won’t damage most surfaces, and removes grease from most surfaces without leaving residue.
2. What spray adhesives are there for general bonding?
- There are three 3M spray adhesives that are recommended for general bonding: Super 77 Spray Adhesive, 90 High Strength Adhesive and the Super Fast 74 Foam Adhesive.
- The 3M Super 77 spray has a fast and aggressive tack and can be used to bond most materials. It is ideal for display jobs or furniture applications.
- The 90 High Strength adhesive offers a permanent bond for materials including plastics, metal, wood, glass, fabric, flexible foam and paper. It is a low misting adhesive with precise spray control.
- The Super Fast 74 Foam adhesive is, as the name suggests, a fast setting adhesive which is ideal for bonding foams, urethanes, wood, metals, plastics and many other materials.
3. Do you have any spray adhesives that are repositionable?
- Yes. The 3M Super 75 Spray Adhesive is a repositionable adhesive due to its long tack range. The spray offers a tape-like bond for light weight materials such as paper, cardboard, acetate, foil and plastic.
4. Is there a high-tack option?
- Yes. The 3M 76 High Tack spray is a unique adhesive with its fast strength build-up. It can be used for bonding fabric, felt, cardboard, plastics, wood, metal and glass.
5. Do you have a temporary spray adhesive?
- Yes. The Sikabond Spray Fix is specially designed for temporary or permanent bonding on porous or non-porous substrates that have smooth surfaces. It is a low odour adhesive which can be repositioned for the first 1-2 minutes. 3M 77 Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive - 467g Can - Cn Can