Industrial & Specialty Tapes
#1071948mm x 30mPrices are loading...
#6932572mm x 50mPrices are loading...
#3518848mm x 50mPrices are loading...
#55334Prices are loading...
#3534948mm x 55mPrices are loading...
#1070048mm x 45mPrices are loading...
#4513019mm x 20mPrices are loading...
#5560312mm x 33mPrices are loading...
#1051148mm x 45mPrices are loading...
#1051612.7mm x 32.9mPrices are loading...
#3037548mm x 50mPrices are loading...
Industrial & Specialty Tapes
If you’re looking for a specialised industrial or general-purpose tape solution, look no further than the Industrial and Speciality Tape range. Here you’ll find solutions from quality brands, including 3M, tesa and Signet’s Own. Whether you need super strong VHB tape, duct tape, masking tape, electrical tape or double-sided tape, Signet has a solution to suit your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions on Industrial & Specialty Tapes
1. What industrial & specialty tapes are available?
- The range of products available in this section include: cloth tape, construction foam tape, double sided tape (including sign mounting tape), duct tape, durafoam tape, electrical tape, filament tape, foam tape, gaffer tape, Kraft tape, masking tape, protection tape, tissue tape, transfer tape and VHB tape.
2. Do you have different types of masking tape in stock?
- Yes. There are 3 different types available including general purpose masking tape, performance masking tape and high performance masking tape.
- There are 3 general purpose tapes available: Signet’s Own masking tape, 3M 201+ masking tape, and tesa 4323 masking tape. These are ideal for general purpose application and sealing, are easy to tear and have a good level of adhesion.
- The 3M 301+ masking tape is the performance tape as it offers enhanced conformability to irregular surfaces. It is ideal for industrial paint masking, bundling, holding, marking, colour coding and sealing. this tape is yellow in colour.
- The 3M 401+ masking tape is the high performance alternative available. It is highly conformable, provides the best adhesive transfer resistance, hugs curves and contours and resists bleed through. It has a high level of adhesion and is the most UV resistant masking tape.
3. What is the difference between the two types of filament tapes?
- The 2 types of filament tape available are one way filament tape and cross woven filament tape. The difference between the two is the direction of the fiberglass filaments. In a one way tape the fiberglass strands are one way in direction to prevent stretching or warping during use. The cross woven filament tape has the fibres in both directions. This enhances the strength of the tape and further eliminates stretch in any direction.
4. What is VHB tape used for?
- There are 2 types of 3M VHB tapes stocked which depend on your application. The 3M VHB RP series are intended for general industrial usage, interior fitouts and signage applications. The tape performs well on glass, metal, many plastics, composites, sealed wood and painted surfaces.The 3M VHB 4000 series is the heavy duty alternative. It is intended for aluminium composite panel, architectural facades, glass, medium surface energy plastics, plasticised vinyls, acrylic, polycarbonate, painted/sealed porous surfaces (such as wood and concrete) and for harsh outdoor environmental applications.
5. What is protection tape used for?
- Protection tape and protection film are designed to protect surfaces during manufacturing, transportation and installation. Both products are UV resistant and are ideal for glass, windows and metal surfaces. The protection film can also be used on bench tops.